[Your Business/Org Name Here]
Official Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are and existing users of Facebook.
2. Employees of [Your Business/Org Name Here], and Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. Entry online, by Facebook:
a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per account holder OR [Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.]
b) To enter, log onto [Insert URL Here] to like, comment, and share the entry. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. [For picture contests, describe what kind of photo must be submitted with the entry.]
FOR PICTURE CONTESTS ADD THE FOLLOWING as new paragraph (c): By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by [Your Business/Org Name Here] in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. [Your Business/Org Name Here] reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
c) The contest starts on _________, ____, [time if necessary, a.m./p.m., CST etc.] and all entries must be received by [Your Business/Org Name Here] by ___ p.m. CST on _________, ____. [Your Business/Org Name Here] is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
d) On _____________, ______, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next drawing.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. That winner will receive [describe prize(s) and list $ value].
2. Each winner will be notified by Facebook private and public message. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to [Your Business/Org Name Here] at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within fourteen (14) days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at [Your Business/Org Name Here]. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. [Your Business/Org Name Here] reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (14) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of [Your Business/Org Name Here]. [Your Business/Org Name Here] has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. [Your Business/Org Name Here] is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. [Your Business/Org Name Here] is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that [Your Business/Org Name Here] has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at [Your Business/Org Name Here] at [Insert Address Here].
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to [Your Business/Org Name Here] at [Insert Address Here] by [Insert date, at least 30 days after end of contest].
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. [Your Business/Org Name Here] andFACEBOOK accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. [Your Business/Org Name Here] cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. [Your Business/Org Name Here] is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. [Your Business/Org Name Here] reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against [Your Business/Org Name Here], Facebook.com, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc., and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with [Your Business/Org Name Here] nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.